S.1672: POWER Act
The Promoting Opportunity for Women Entering Retirement (POWER) Act would authorize the National Resource Center on Women and Retirement Planning to improve retirement and financial security for women. The Center would:
• Conduct outreach and research regarding women’s retirement security, and publish a summary each year;
• Develop and maintain an information clearinghouse on all programs that provide retirement financial information to women;
• Provide education materials regarding retirement to women;
• Research the most effective methods for assisting women in preparing for retirement;
• And partner with national, state, and local organizations to assist in carrying out programs and ensure efficient use of resources.
Additionally, the legislation appropriates $500,000 for the Center in 2020.